Friday, January 14, 2011

Going Solar with Sungevity

Back in October while I was working on my fictional blog I saw an ad talking about getting solar panels for no money down. My first thought, "Too good to be true, ignore it." However I was curious and wrote down the company name. I would have just clicked on the ad but that is forbidden, I am not supposed to click my own ads. Anyway, the company leases solar panels, which is how the no money thing works. More specifically, they give you a quote based on the information you provide and how your roof looks that would save you more money per month than the lease would cost. Essentially giving you a discount on your monthly bill without having to put any money forward. Now, the lease is for 20 years, so you have to think about how long you intend to be in your current house, however if you do move you can work it out with the next owner to take over the lease or you can pay it off in advance and then try to work it out in the price of the house so that you don't lose any money, so I think it is definitely worth a look if you want to save a bit on your energy bill.

For us, the panels have not yet been installed, there is a lot of time involved in getting everything ready, but I'm hoping that next month will be when the install is, though we will have to wait and see. I am anxious about it, I've been wanting to get solar but never could figure out how I'd save enough money to get it and this company provided me with a better solution, not only will I now have solar but I didn't have to spend a lot to get it and I will have someone else to maintain it for me if it were to break, so it's a win/win in my book. If you are interested in getting solar and you live in Colorado, Arizona or California check this company out, and be sure that when you get a quote from them to include the below code to use me as your reference, that way if you go with a system from them you will get a $500 Visa gift card when the system is installed. Here are the steps:

1.) Go to www.Sungevity.com
2.) Enter your address and information. When the site asks "How did you hear about us?" type in my referral code 44120 so you can get the $500 gift card bonus.
3.) In 24 hours, you'll receive your free, no obligation iQuote in your email inbox.

When my panels do get installed I will definitely give an update here, I look forward to being able to go out and watch my meter spin backwards and will be so excited that I won't be able to contain it. Anyway, if you live in other areas you might be able to find a company that will do the same type of lease for you, but if you're in the areas that Sungevity services then I would highly recommend them, they were knowledgable and were able to answer any questions I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment